The Mrs. Minnesota America and Miss Minnesota for America Pageants
will be held on June 22, 2019, at the Bloomington Center for the Arts in Bloomington, MN.
Preliminaries will be held on June 21, 2019 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington, MN.
Ready to buy your tickets? Click here!
Greetings 2019 Mrs. Minnesota and Iowa America delegates,
The following is a list of reminders and deadlines to note:
- All paperwork and deposits, if not previously sent, are due on or before May 1st, 2019
- Please email your headshot, in color, by May 1st.
- Ads are due on or before May 1st; any questions about your headshot or ads should be directed to our printer, Mike, at email@example.com.
- We are auctioning off an ad for the back cover which will be in color. The minimum opening bid is $300, just $105 more than the cost of a regular ad. If you are interested, send me an email with your offer any time prior to midnight May 1st. The winner will be determined by the email date and time if there is a tie.
- The opening contestant performance at the pageant will be in black cocktail dresses. Silver accessories may be worn and definitely heels.
- I recommend that you reserve your rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bloomington, MN using our discounted rate ASAP if needed. Do wait too long as the hotels near the Mall of America always sell out on weekends during the summer.
- Make sure that you have a costume and a short statement describing it. (i.e. Good evening, my costume represents the beautiful butterflies of the state of Wisconsin. From Milwaukee, I am Carl Schway). You should have this ready for the competition on Friday, June 22nd.
- We will not provide hair or makeup assistants. This is up to you. You may have one female helper backstage.
- Tickets will be sold by Brown Bag Tickets per my previous email to you and are currently on sale. They will also be sold at the Theater on the night of the pageant.
- We are working on a post-pageant party to be held on Saturday night following the conclusion of the pageant.
- Try to place a news article in your local papers.
- The cost of ads is your responsibility as are sponsor ads; they are not required but encouraged. Use your imagination, for example when approaching a prospective sponsor, charge them $350 for an ad and throw in 2 tickets to the pageant. Ads thanking sponsors are highly recommended as we will not be listing them this year in the program book.
- When sending emails, always indicate what you are emailing in the subject line at the top, (i.e. head shot, application, fact sheet, ad)
- The interviews on Friday June 22nd will commence around noon. We will have a meeting prior thereto at about 11AM so check in will be at 10:30AM. Interviews will be conducted alphabetically.
- There may be a short rehearsal at the hotel following interviews.
- There will be a rehearsal on the 23rd at the Theater at 11AM, check in will be at 10:30AM. It should take several hours but I expect that it will be done by 4PM. Bring snacks. I would prefer that once you check in you do not leave the premises.
- Husbands will escort their wives in the evening gown competition. They should wear a dark suit, tux, or military uniform. If your husband cannot attend, we will provide you with an escort.
- Swimsuit competition will be on stage. You must wear a one or two-piece swimsuit, one color, at your discretion. We will also conduct a swimsuit and costume competition on the 22nd at the hotel in closed quarters.
- Optional, please order your sashes if you have not done so! They are beautifully embroidered and a great memento of the pageant. The should also be worn at any appearances that you may make. The cost is $75. They may take up to 2 weeks to construct. They should be worn at all pageant events including rehearsals.
- There will be a rehearsal on Thursday night, June 21st, 4PM at YoungQuest Fitness, 6545 Flying Cloud Dr. in Eden Prairie, MN 55344 starting at 4PM. We will have a pot luck dinner as well. Each contestant should bring a dish for the pageant contestants and husbands, who should be present if possible.
- We will not be sending out all of the forms previously sent for those of you who are repeating and wondering where they are. The only forms to complete this year are the applications and fact sheets.
- We accept PayPal to our account, firstname.lastname@example.org, checks, made payable to the Mrs. Minnesota Pageant, reference your state and mail to Carl Schway 1918 Twin Circle Drive Mendota Heights, MN 55118, or Visa/MC., need name on card, number, expiration, code and billing address.
We are very much looking forward to meeting all of you. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, but please adhere to these deadlines!
Best of Luck,
Carl Schway, Director
Greetings Prospective Contestants,
My wife and I are the Mrs. Minnesota and Iowa America Directors.
We would like to invite each of you to be a delegate in this year’s pageant. Mrs. America is the longest running and most prestigious Mrs. Pageant in all of Mrs. Pageant history. If you are looking to be in a dynamic pageant that showcases the success of married women, then this is the system that is right for you!
Below are the Qualifications and Guidelines to enter the Pageant:
1. Each individual must be married, at least 18 years of age, a US citizen, and a resident of their state. Attached is the application and fact sheet.
2. Each delegate is required to have a City/County. Titles are issued on a first come basis.
3. Pageant entry fee is as follows:
$795, $100 down payment, remaining balance of $695.
Supersaver Plan: $250 down payment, remaining balance of $400. Save $145!
$695, $100 down payment, remaining balance of $595.
Supersaver Plan: $250 down payment, remaining balance of $300. Save $145!
Optional: we offer a beautiful custom sash at a cost of $70, including delivery.
4. HEAD SHOT: Each delegate must have a Professional quality HEAD SHOT in .jpg format at least 300 DPI, for the official program book. You may email this for your convenience.
Deadline for submission: will be in the early Spring, 2019
5. We accept all forms of payment except Discover or American Express.
All checks should be made payable to Mrs. Minnesota Pageant.
Mail checks to 1918 Twin Circle Drive, Mendota Heights, MN 55118.
Only ten sponsors can be listed in the official program book.
6. The winner of the pageant will represent their state at the 2019 Mrs. America Pageant (at a site to be determined).
7. The Winner will receive numerous exciting prizes including airfare and hotel accommodations to and at the National Pageant. Each year we work extremely hard to secure other valuable prizes from very renowned sponsors; however, we have not yet finalized the prize package as to date. We salute our sponsors who make our pageant a success!
8. SAVINGS: Enter early to receive all discounts and desired titles!
9. AD PAGES: BACK COVER AUCTION will be offered to each delegate. Minimum bid of $300.00. You may submit bids by email or fax only! Auction bids will end on a date to-be-determined. We do sell ads at a cost of $195 for a full page in the program book. No partial page ads are sold.
** Ads are not required but are a great way to showcase “you” to the viewing audience as well as the judges! **
10. JUDGING Criteria: Based on 50% interview, 25% physical fitness in a swim suit, and 25% evening gown. *Platforms are not necessary*
11. Pageant weekend will be held June 21-22, 2019. Note: Interviews will be held on Friday at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Bloomington, MN.
The final competition will be held at the Bloomington Centre for the Arts, 1800 W. Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington, MN on June 22, 2019, 7pm.
In closing… We look forward to having you as a delegate and keep in mind that it is never too EARLY to get started with your preparations! So, we are here to support you in every way possible. No question is too small. We have many years of pageant expertise and will be glad to advise you. Please keep in mind that “City/County Titles” are on a first come basis. The sooner you get started, the faster you can use your ‘title” to become an official ambassador for the area of your choice!
Once you have become an official delegate, you will be receiving several correspondences in the form of email attachments. Please review them all. If you have any trouble opening these attachments, we will be glad to fax them to you. Please inform the pageant office right away of any problems.
Thank you for your interest in the most prestigious Mrs. Pageant…
Mrs. Minnesota and Iowa preliminaries to the MRS. AMERICA PAGEANT
Carl and Faith Schway
612-867-4974 cell, 651-223-5615 fax